Happiness is a gem which sparkles every time you share it with others.
The students of TAPMI had such an experience when they visited Shri Krishna Bal Niketan, an orphanage in Udupi, on the eve of Rakshabandhan and shared some joyous moments with the children. The festival of Raksha Bandhan is meant to strengthen the bonding between brothers and sisters, and the festival had a deeper meaning for the students of TAPMI this time as they got a chance to share a few happy moments of this auspicious day with the children there.
The event was organised by the Social Endeavour Group of TAPMI on August 13, 2011. The activities of the day were:
– Movie screening for the children
– Celebration of Raksha Bandhan by tying Rakhis
– Interaction with the children over snacks
– Singing some popular songs with the kids
– Sharing some happy moments on the field ocer a game of cricket
In the words of Gautam Buddha, “Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared”. Let us all continue to share our gifts with the people around.
-Social Endeavour Group